Sunday, June 7, 2009

An a cappella arrangement of Heart's "All I Want to Do is Make Love to You"

This morning I sang at a recording session for a demo of Heart's "All I Want to Do is Make Love to You" in 4-part harmony. Do you remember this from 1990?  A film director in LA wants to put this tune in her movie with an all female a cappella group and hired a guy I know in San Francisco (same guy who did the "Good Night Bush" arrangement) to arrange it for her. He wanted to put a quick demo together for her so that she could get an idea of what it would sound like.

Imagine a 4-part a cappella arrangement of this song. The best line is:
So we found this hotel, it was a place I knew well.
It was hard not to bust out laughing during the recording session... oh wait, I did, several times. It was so fun.

Check out Ann Wilson's outfit and Nancy' Wilson's moves. The hair is pretty awesome too.


1 comment:

Laurie Sheppard said...

Love to know you recorded the tune in an acapella women's group. Words are elementary and message isn't positive or safe. But tune is catchy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...